Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Music Class

Last Fall Nate and I tried music class. Even though he loves music, the classes inevitably put him right to sleep. Yes these were pretty expensive naps. So today Nate and I tried Music Together again. It was nice seeing familiar faces. So many of the babies we had met were now toddlers. Most were walking - or wobbling around now. Nate did pretty well. He seemed more interested in the other children. He really liked it when the teacher broke out the scarves. Of course Nate was interested in tasting the scarves. After about 4 songs (with various percussive shakers), Nate started to cry. I saw that quivering pout and his eyes just filled up with tears. My poor baby! Was it too much for him? I nursed him for about ten minutes and was able to make it back to the group for the parachute (with glow-in-the dark stars underneath). That was definitely fun!

I think today was a success, but I am not 100% sure. Is music class really good for him or is it something that I want to be good for him? Did he like it?

Well it definitely tired him out. Nate and I came home and promptly took an hour and a half nap together. I love sleeping next to him...His hand was tucked under my chin and his feet curled up between my thighs. Snuggled up tight together. So warm ...so happy.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nate and Crista!

    I see where Mr. Bean has done those wonderful swallow tests. Nate, Your Great-Grandma Lyn has been in the hospital. She is 85 - many years older than you. She has to have a swallow test too, and is eating pureed food. She doesn't like it at all and makes horrible faces. Tomorrow she gets another test. Maybe she will pass it. Then she will not have to make faces. I guess getting old can sometimes be a little bit like being a baby. Maybe she should have a Nuk Brush! I love you Nate.
    Aunt Cherpie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! A friend directed me to your blog and I wanted to introduce myself. Nate is SUCH a beauty! I have a daughter with DS, too. I used to live in Brattleboro, too! :) I went to college at Marlboro, lived in town for awhile, later lived up in Waterbury, VT. My husband is from Marlborough, NH and every time we are visiting his family we go to our beloved VT. If I could live anywhere, that would be it, but alas, work has us in Baltimore for the time being. I see you are doing a Buddy Walk in Bratt? If we are in NH at the time we'd love to participate! It's very possible we will be as we definitely want to get up there for the fall.

    I know of another woman in Brattleboro with a daughter who has DS. She is a bit older though, maybe age 6 or so? I will find the link to her blog and send it to you if you are interested.

    Oh, and we did Music Together up in Waterbury when G was about 9 months and I wondered the SAME things. If it means anything to you she is IN LOVE WITH ALL THIS MUSIC now--no doubt!! We still do MT now.

    (Oh. And I worked briefly at Winston Prouty a long time ago too!...er...as well as Mocha Joe's, First Run Video....and...that's all I can think of now!) Sorry for the rambly post, but please come check out my blog: www.unringingthebell.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete