Saturday, October 2, 2010

The 2nd Annual Brattleboro Buddy Walk!





I have to say that today was pretty amazing. It was a cool crisp morning with bright blue skies and a warming sun. Nate was up early like last year - and so was I. This is a day we'd been waiting! We had a few minutes of family snuggling time (which these days mostly involves making funny sounds and funny faces) and then we were up and moving.

This day came together pretty perfectly.......Dedicated volunteers, amazing supporters, great vendors, an inspiring key note speech, lovely walk, great music and yummy lunch. Not only did we get to see old friends, but we made many new friends today as well. It just felt so good to be there. I think we must have had at least 300 people attend and had over $9500 in donations. Wow.

The best part of this magical day is that everywhere I looked I saw people smiling. It was just one of those days....

Thank you my family..thank you friends...thank you beautiful sunshine.
And most of all, thank you Bean for being you. We love every one of your 47 chromosomes.

No comments:

Post a Comment